Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 7 8 9  Previous   Next
Child profiles for TV series
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantchibul
formerly abrg923
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 462
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Quoting Rifter:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Ken,

I do have one question that hopefully you can advise us on.

We have instances where there is a conflict between using the disc ID of the first disc in a single season TV season for the "child profile" just for the first disc in that season, and that same disc ID is needed to profile the entire season when that season is a child of a "Complete Series" of a TV show.

Can you provide some guidance on this please?


Try presenting all the facts first.

#1.  That first disc is likely one that has been there long before the mega boxset came along, therefore it takes precedence.

#2.  The megaset can still be profiled using child level by doing each disc individually.


If I had wanted an answer from you John, I would have addressed my question to you instead of to Ken.

Entire Complete Seasons have been released without any prior releases of individual seasons, therefore the issue still need to be addressed.  Firefly for example!

#1 is your interpretation.  I didn't ask for that.  I asked specifically for Ken's.

#2 is exactly what I said was a possibility if you had bothered to read the whole thread before leaping to defend your position which no one cares about.

Ken has jumped in here to clear things up, so why don't you just chill out and let him do it!


How much more rude can you get.

Skip


Take a look at any one of Rifter's posts to get the answer for that one. His "I know all the answers, and if you disagree, you're wrong" attitude is ridiculous.
"I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose…
Rapture."
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Two wrongs do not make a right, it does not in any excuse Hal's crass behavior.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantchibul
formerly abrg923
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 462
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
Two wrongs do not make a right, it does not in any excuse Hal's crass behavior.

Skip


And I'm not saying it does...but at some point, when you treat other users like crap consistently, they're going to strike back. Hopefully he'll tone it down a bit, and everyone else as well.
"I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose…
Rapture."
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 13,191
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
Two wrongs do not make a right, it does not in any excuse Hal's crass behavior.

Skip


Haven't I been saying this for, oh, about a year? 



And I don't mean the Hal part. 
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRifter
Reg. Jan 27, 2002
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 2,694
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting chibul:
Quote:
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Quoting Rifter:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Ken,

I do have one question that hopefully you can advise us on.

We have instances where there is a conflict between using the disc ID of the first disc in a single season TV season for the "child profile" just for the first disc in that season, and that same disc ID is needed to profile the entire season when that season is a child of a "Complete Series" of a TV show.

Can you provide some guidance on this please?


Try presenting all the facts first.

#1.  That first disc is likely one that has been there long before the mega boxset came along, therefore it takes precedence.

#2.  The megaset can still be profiled using child level by doing each disc individually.


If I had wanted an answer from you John, I would have addressed my question to you instead of to Ken.

Entire Complete Seasons have been released without any prior releases of individual seasons, therefore the issue still need to be addressed.  Firefly for example!

#1 is your interpretation.  I didn't ask for that.  I asked specifically for Ken's.

#2 is exactly what I said was a possibility if you had bothered to read the whole thread before leaping to defend your position which no one cares about.

Ken has jumped in here to clear things up, so why don't you just chill out and let him do it!


How much more rude can you get.

Skip


Take a look at any one of Rifter's posts to get the answer for that one. His "I know all the answers, and if you disagree, you're wrong" attitude is ridiculous.


I never said I had all the answers.  You guys accused me of that.  If I have an attitude, its because people who shall remain nameless can't have a discussion without telling me that my method won't work, that I don't have the right to an opinion, and so on.  I proposed a workable method, but because some of you didn't like it, it was automatically wrong and I got ridiculed for even suggesting it. You want my attitude to change? Try changing your own first.
John

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice!" Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964
Make America Great Again!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantKrikarian
cool that never fades...
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 291
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
i can't believe this is still going on...go home to my life from 15 hours and the world goes crazy...

but ken's decision still stands, which is good news.

krik
"Vampirism is still not a disease, Julia. Vampires are the living dead...dead...dead..."
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRifter
Reg. Jan 27, 2002
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 2,694
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Krikarian:
Quote:
i can't believe this is still going on...go home to my life from 15 hours and the world goes crazy...

but ken's decision still stands, which is good news.

krik



Hey, I said "Thanks God" and promptly got hammered.  Ya can't win for losing around here. 
John

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice!" Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964
Make America Great Again!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantKrikarian
cool that never fades...
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 291
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
yeah, i know...but really, john...voice an opinion in a forum... what on earth were you thinking...

and double that "Thanks God..." especially since i just ordered the last four seasons of Buffy to finally top off the first three seasons...individual disc ids here i come!!!!

and, and a thank you shout out to tracer for already submitting profiles for the buffy discs. great big yes's all around.

krik

i've had to edit this twice already, i am a top honors graduate of the skipper skool of typing...  
"Vampirism is still not a disease, Julia. Vampires are the living dead...dead...dead..."
 Last edited: by Krikarian
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBoykin
Reg. December 2, 2001
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 172
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Quoting Tracer:
Quote:
Simple add each child from the various seasons to the collection.  Your not going to loose any data from not having a season profile since the same data should be already in the child profiles.


If they come in season boxes, then there is no place to put the season cover images.

Not being able to capture cover images appears to be a deal-breaker issue with Skip.


I want the cover art for the parent, each case in a single season and for each case in a series collection.  I really have a problem with my db because I bought Buffy season 1 and then bought the complete series.  I have season 1 set up as 3 profiles.  The parent with a child profile for each thin pack using the disc ID for disc 2 for the first thin pack because disc ID for disc 1 is used for season one in the series collection.  The series collection is profiled with the main box as the parent, with child profiles for each season using the disc ID from the 1st disc of each season.  I have no problem with disc level profiles, but I wish they were attached to the child profiles and not individual profiles.  I don't want 41 profiles for the Buffy Season Collection.  If you could click on a disc tab for each disc in each series profile, and have all the info for that disc including cast, crew and cover art show up, that would be great.  It would still be a lot of work to profile the disc, but it would cut 41 profiles down to 9, 1 for the box, 7 for the seasons, and 1 for the bonus disc, but you would still have all the info for each disc.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorTracer
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 951
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
You can locally, just use the first disc ID from each season, to create the season profile, as we did before the rules got changed to allowing child profiles for every TV set.

Those profiles, with the collection artwork, are still on the v2.5 web site so you could download them using the old version of DVD profiler and then backup and restore those profiles into the new version.

You'll still have to manually update the cast and crew for each season, but you could simply copy and paste the already cast and crew from the single season sets into your Choosen collection season sets.

Since you have both Season one and the entire collection I wouldn't do child profiles for your Season one collection, your not really going to gain any additional information than what is already in the parent profile.
Are you local?
This is a local shop the strangers you would bring would not understand us, our customs, our local ways.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 7 8 9  Previous   Next