Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next
Days of Heaven Blu-Ray/Digital Copy a Fake/Pirated?
Author Message
annmkatz@gmail.com
Registered: February 11, 2022
Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Amazon sold me a Blu-Ray/Digital Copy of Days of Heaven (0-32429 35405 1) that is not in DVD Profiler's database.  Does that mean it's a pirated copy?

Thanks in advance for a reply.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorscotthm
Registered: March 20, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 2,831
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
No, it means no one has added this Blu-ray to the online database yet.  You may do so if you wish.

---------------
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantDr. Killpatient
Here's my card
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 5,909
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
If it's the 1978 version, it's likely a resell under a different UPC. Add a version already in the database and then change the UPC to match yours, then submit noting that to add it for others.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorscotthm
Registered: March 20, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 2,831
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Dr. Killpatient:
Quote:
If it's the 1978 version, it's likely a resell under a different UPC. Add a version already in the database and then change the UPC to match yours, then submit noting that to add it for others.

The covers should also be changed before submission, as the rear cover (at least) will be different (wrong UPC).

---------------
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 17,174
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
being this person don't have a paid version they will not be able to contribute,
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Superior Rating
United States Posts: 1,485
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting scotthm:
Quote:
Quoting Dr. Killpatient:
Quote:
If it's the 1978 version, it's likely a resell under a different UPC. Add a version already in the database and then change the UPC to match yours, then submit noting that to add it for others.

The covers should also be changed before submission, as the rear cover (at least) will be different (wrong UPC).

---------------


The front cover is different too, the first release was through Criterion and the second through Paramount.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorscotthm
Registered: March 20, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 2,831
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
being this person don't have a paid version they will not be able to contribute,

True.  An excellent reason to purchase.

---------------
    Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next